• We have heard from global logistics companies that the capacity of commercial air cargo is significantly reduced with fewer passenger flights and destinations.
• This has caused them to arrange for shipment on more indirect routes and to purchase additional cargo aircraft lifts which are in extreme high demand.
• As a result, many global logistics companies are now implementing an ‘emergency situation’ surcharge on some shipments.
• As we quote freight for you, please note this is an estimate only, and we will modify the invoice amount with the actual rate of shipment cost.
• Another challenge we are seeing is that shipments are held at airports or seaports longer than usual because flights or ocean vessels are being delayed and/or cancelled.
• Our production times remain the same, but situations like this will impact the lead time quoted to you.